Monday, May 31, 2010

April/May Swimmers of the Month

Since most international athletes had a down month in May, and I never did April awards, I'll do the awards together. Some very fast swimming over the past few months, and I'm getting very excited for the summer - shockingly, I know! Let me know what you guys think.

Pacific Rim - Gao Chang (China) and Ryo Tateishi (Japan)

Africa - Wendy Trott and Roland Schoeman (both South Africa)

European - Katinka Hosszu (Hungary) and Yannick Agnel (France)

America - Rebecca Soni and Nick Thoman (both USA)
Honorable mention: Liz Pelton and Eric Shanteau (both USA) and Thiago Pereira (Brazil)

Additionally, I'm gonna give my picks for High School Swimmer of the Year. Swimming World will unveil the winners in its July issue. I think the winners should be: Dagny Knutson and Vlad Morozov.

No comments:

Post a Comment